Saturday, May 16, 2015

Where I'm Going

.    Tuesday morning I will be embarking on a road trip. My library director, our technical services librarian, and myself will be heading to Oklahoma-"where the wind comes sweeping down the plain" (forgive me, but I love a good musical!). We are going to a CCL (Christian College Librarians) Conference. How in the world I'm going to get all my work done while I'm there remains to be seen, but there's no backing out now (from this class or the conference), so I'll have to make the best of it. Stay tuned for further updates.

3 comments:

  1. Well, have a safe trip, Donna. And I'm sure you will get a lot out of your conference. It's amazing the niches that libraries can be organized into--a CCL conference sounds like it might have some interesting topics to explore. And as long as you don't get carsick, you can work on your homework while traveling, right. I'm in a similar predicament with family obligations last weekend and next. We'll make it through. At least you'll have some interesting, applicable things to blog and tweet about, right? And I can't resist asking, will your mode of transportation be a "surrey with fringe on the top?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sarah! We're almost there! Stopped to break up the trip. Just a plain 'ol car. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel seems to be a common thread with everyone this Maymester. I spent the weekend traveling between Georgia and Ohio, and Ohio and Georgia. The internet was spotty between the sweeping hills of the Virginia's and riding during the night time leaves very little light to read by. Safe travels everyone.

    ReplyDelete